Thursday, August 19, 2010

LA

Well it was time to go!!

So many people asked me if I was excited. Well actually, I think it was all a little unreal. After an interesting plane trip, sitting with a group of american teenagers returning for a three week to Australia, I arrived in LA. To my amazement I was through customs in less than half an hour (after declaring that I didn't have any vegemite or TimTams). Yep! thats what they ask me.




The reason for my stop over was that I had been in touch with an old school friend (by good old facebook)and she had always said if you are near LA you must stop over. So here I was. I had only seen this friend once in over 30 years.
I must admit the thoughts ran through my head, "What if we don't like each other anymore??". Well, it was like we had only seen each other the day before. I had a wonderful 10 days with her and her family. In this time we managed to visit Palm Springs, San Francisco and of course the sights of downtown LA.

No comments:

Post a Comment