Tuesday, October 19, 2010

Domingo en Puerta Vallarte

This afternoon I picked up some photos from my weekend in Puerta Vallarte.  They were photos taken with a waterproof camera.  The pictures reminded me that I hadn't finished my story about my weekend in Puerta Vallarte.
 There was no chance of sleeping off our Saturday night with the Mexican Pirates as we decided to take boat trip to Los Arcos early on Sunday morning.  This trip included snorkelling at Los Arcos then we were taken to a quiet beach for lunch in one of the local restaurants.   As all my family knows, I am not the most capable person when it comes to snorkelling and this time it was made even more difficult because I had to hold my vest on as the waist strap was broken. Trying to hold on to my snorkle and vest, I attempted to take some photos with the disposable camera. Considering I just held the camera under the water, clicked and hoped for the best the pictures weren't too much of a disaster

Before lunch I went with the group on a horse ride up (and up) a very rough muddy track to a waterfall up in the hills.  So much fun.  We had to ride through a couple of small rivers.   When we arrived at the cascades, everyone had a much need cool off in the pools at the bottom of the cascades.

After lunch it was time to take the small local boat back to our boat.  The trip home turned into a fiesta, (drinks were included, and flowed freely). 

Yes, I had to indulge in more Margaritas!!!  The Boat captain was quite a keen dancer and had everyone up doing the Mexican version of Nutbush city limits.  Then we were entertained by various passengers with their versions of tango, samba and there was a couple of very amusing pole dancers.

A great day was had by all,  and considering the cost of the day was only $50 it was great value.  When we finally arrived back into the port we fell into a waiting taxi and headed back to our hotel for a light dinner and an early night.

No comments:

Post a Comment