Friday, September 17, 2010

Happy Bicentenary Mexico!!!!



Wednesday was a day for massive celebrations in the main cities of Mexico. Two hundred years since Mexican independence. I wasn't lucky enough to be able to go to Mexico City, though I did see some of the parade on TV. However, I went into the centre of Guadalajara to check out what was happening here. This city centre was buzzing. Crowds of people were heading along all the main roads towards the centre. The centre of the city was a hive of activity, though under very tight security. I had to go through a checkpoint before going into the main area. All fluids, were confiscated (lost my bottle of water) , bags searched and checked for any metal objects. Considering the amount of people this was a major operation. Once inside there was lots to see. Food and drink stalls everywhere, Stages being set up for music. Ballet performances on one stage, and in the main plaza the largest taco in the world, the table holding it went around the four sides of the plaza. Then there was a huge line of people, waiting for their slice of "the pie" so to speak. I will let my pics do the talking. See the next blog.

No comments:

Post a Comment