Monday, September 20, 2010

When life hands you lemons............ DEMAND Tequila and Salt!!!!!!

Have you had one of those days when something or someone steps in and gives you a prod to move on!!!!

Today has been a little frustrating.

I have been trying to organise a meeting with some people connected with a program that works to improve and provide assistance for women in Mexico. Through a combination of factors, including my bad Spanish, a phone that wouldn't work, the busy schedule of the person involved etc., it has taken me a number of weeks to get the meeting organised. Finally, tomorrow, I am going to miss my Spanish classes and meet with them at 11.00am. The coordinator of the program suggested that I visit their office today, so that I could use their library to do some research to prepare for the meeting tomorrow.

So,today, after spanish class, armed with the address written on paper, I raced out and caught a taxi so that I would get to their office before they closed for lunch. It is always a little worrying when you head off to an area that you haven't been to before. The taxi man dropped me off at the address, however it seem to just be a normal house, no signs and all seemed to be shut.

Did I have the right address? The coordinator said that it was near the Channel 4 Television station. So I asked a couple of women near by and they said that the TV station was about 4 blocks away? So I walked down to the TV station, asking people on the way if they knew of the office. No, they could point out the TV station but not the office, no one had heard of it. I walked around the area for about 40 minutes asking directions to no avail. What are they going to think of me!!! not turning up when I said I would!!! Finally I decided that I must have written down the address incorrectly and headed home. I thought I would walk home to get rid of my frustrations!!! However the good hour's walk only made me more hot and bothered. Especially when I checked the address and I had written it down correctly!

After a shower and some lunch,turned on my computer and checked face book, only to see a friend had posted a quote that she liked, "When life hands you lemons............ DEMAND Tequila and Salt!!!!!!" . Yes Di, get over it!!!

Wish me luck tomorrow when I go for the meeting, hopefully the office will be open!! and the interview goes well.

No comments:

Post a Comment