Thursday, September 23, 2010

Today I deserve the Lemons!!!

I can't believe how silly I am. Yesterday I spoke to the coordinator of CAMPO and she had arranged for me to go on a day trip to look at one of their programs today. It all depended on whether they and a vacant seat for me in the car. She said to ring them in the morning at 10 and they would let me know.

So I got up early in the morning and raced off to my Uni Lectures. During the break for the first lecture I rang and the girl in the office asked if I still wanted to go. Yes I said, so she said to be at the office at 2.00pm (at least that is what I thought she said). Great I thought!! I don't have to asked if I can be excused from my next Uni lecture.

As soon as the second lecture finished I caught a cab to the Office of CAMPO, arrived and greeted the girl in the office with here I am, a little early but I am happy to wait here. Well she looked at me with one of those looks!!! She had told me doce (12.00) not dos (2.00)!!!!! how stupid did I feel. I made a hundred apologies in very bad spanish, because when you get nervous it gets even worse. I was just about to head out the door when the Coordinator came out of her office. Again I apologised.

However, it turned out ok. There is another group going to the same place tomorrow at 8.00am (yes I checked this carefully). This trip is for two days. Oh my god!! please let everything go well for me tomorrow morning.!! I can't keep messing this up.

No comments:

Post a Comment