Wednesday, September 22, 2010

Tequila and Salt

Well I think my last story needs a followed up. The next morning I got up early, dressed in something simple and conservative, had breakfast and headed off early for the meeting with the Coordinator. Got outside the door, locked the three locks only to find it had started to rain!! So, unlocked the three locks, raced inside, grabbed an umbrella and back outside again. I then headed off to the nearby shopping centre to catch a taxi to my meeting. To my dismay, when I put the umbrella up, it was broken!!! Not a good start to the day. I wondered if this was a sign???

Luckily I managed to hail a taxi quite quickly, so didn't get very wet. The nice taxi man dropped me off at the same house as yesterday. Again everthing looked shut, no signs or door bells to ring. I was about 40 minutes early, so to give them the benefit of the doubt, I walked back to a cafe for a coffee and to wait until the correct time. When I returned, nothing had changed, I walked around all sides of the building, but couldn't see where I could get anyones attention. Arrrh!!! then a nice young lady on a bike pulled up at the gate and I asked her if this was the correct office. Yes!! it was. She let me through the front gate and then opened the front door for me. I don't know what I would have done if she hadn't come along.

The girls in the office greeted me and asked me to take a seat. I had to wait for about half an hour but finally managed to meet with the coordinator. She was actually very nice and gave me a very long description (in spanish) about all their programs. I had to really concentrate to understand everything (and I am sure I missed lots). However, the good outcome from the meeting is that next month I should be able to visit a couple of their programs in the countryside with one of their project supervisors. At last something positive!!!!!!

No comments:

Post a Comment